Scott is a Content Marketing Professional specializing in SEO and Blogging for the Financial Services Industry. He’s worked on projects relating to Real Estate, Credit, Personal Finance, and Business Finance.
He is the creator and owner of the well visited Money and Bills Blog®, a project inspired by Scott’s passion for improving the financial literacy of its readers. At the request of many of his readers, the MAB project fueled the development of the Scott J Bates Blog, where he consults and teaches about SEO, Blogging and many other facets of online marketing.
Scott enjoys freelancing on both small and large SEO/Blogging projects.
He’s offered financial insight and contributed to articles published on finance sites like The Penny Hoarder, Creditcards.com, Consolidated Credit, Bestlife, MSN®, and Best Company; (just to name a few.)
In The Media, Scott Has Been Mentioned On:
- MSN: 17 Ways to Be Less Indecisive
- Best Company: Preventing Home Buyer’s Remorse: 13 Common Mistakes and What You Can Do to Avoid Them
- Best Life Online: Be Less Decisive By Choosing Wisely And Quickly!
- Consolidated Credit: 19 Experts Respond: Teens, Money and Financial Independence
- The Penny Hoarder: Here’s What It Means to Have No Credit Score
- CreditCards.com: What authorized users need to know about balance transfers
Make sure to view Scott’s In The Media page to see a complete list!
Thanks for taking the time to read this page to find out more about me. If you have any questions or comments you can reach me on my contact page. I’m from the SF Bay Area and work remotely on projects.
(If you want to know even more about my skills and experience, read below.)
My work history can be seen on my LinkedIn
SEO Content Writing Skill Set:
– SEO Keyword Research, SEO Content Strategy, Building SEO Content Outlines, Hiring Freelance Writers, SEO Editing, Publishing, Managing an Editorial Calendar, Taxonomy for the proper set up for categories and tags.
SEO Tools Skill Set:
– Google Search Console, Google Analytics, MOZ, AHREFS, SemRush, Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest
– Web 2.0 Property Build-out with website profiles, social media accounts, etc.
– Guest Post outreach and using PR strategies such as HARO (Help A Reporter Out) for building brand reputation and backlinks on higher domain authority sites.
– Using Twitter to form relationships with other industry bloggers to facilitate link building through round-up posts and resource building.
Technical SEO Skill Set:
– Creating an SEO friendly site architecture while working with programmers on streamlining a fast loading WordPress theme design.
– Using best practices for Desktop vs. Mobile Design, Page Load Speed, Plug-In Management, Image Optimization and Internal Linking.
– Microsoft Excel, WordPress, Mail-chimp Email Marketing, Canva, Network protocol concepts such as: FTP, DNS, and SSL. Programming languages HTML, PHP, and CSS.
– Building a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog from the ground up.